As a Christian school, Chapman College has a distinctive character.
- Students are encouraged to examine and develop a personal Christian philosophy of life and to discover biblical answers to contemporary challenges.
- Traditional Christian values and morality are upheld and promoted.
- Students are educated with the expectation that they can be a positive influence for good both in New Zealand and internationally.
- All teachers are mature Christians who take a supportive role in their classes, while Deans/Senior teachers are available for pastoral care and prayer.
- Christian thinking permeates educational practice and programmes at all levels.
- As Easter is a central focus of the Christian calendar, all school families are encouraged to attend the annual Easter service.