As a Christian school, Chapman College has a distinctive character.
- We are not a traditional church school, nor are we linked to any one denomination, even though we presently lease accommodation from the supportive Living Well Church.
- Chapman College is non-denominational, adhering to the beliefs held in common by the Christian community.
- Staff are committed Christians seeking humbly to display Christ-likeness in word and action.
- The goal is to promote an environment that is naturally spiritual, open, warm, loving and disciplined.
- Devotions, services and scripture memorisation are integrated into the normal school programme, while the Christian living programme operates at all levels.
- Students are encouraged to examine and develop a personal Christian philosophy of life and to discover biblical answers to contemporary challenges.
- Traditional Christian values and morality are upheld and promoted.
- Students are educated with the expectation that they can be a positive influence for good both in New Zealand and internationally.
- All teachers are mature Christians who take a supportive role in their classes, while Deans/Senior teachers are available for pastoral care and prayer.
- Christian thinking permeates educational practice and programmes at all levels.
- As Easter is a central focus of the Christian calendar, all school families are encouraged to attend the annual Easter service.